Gifted, Creative, and Highly Sensitive People
Therapy and Assessment Involuntary Childlessness
Loss, Grief, and New Beginnings Women’s Issues
Professionals and Executives
Contact: Vula Baliotis, Ph.D., Licensed Psychologist, PSY22174
3201 Wilshire Blvd., Ste. 310, Santa Monica, CA 90403 | 3510 Torrance Blvd., Ste. 100, Torrance, CA 90503
Email: [email protected] | Phone: 310.963.2724
Being in emotional pain can be difficult to bear. But the emotions you experience serve as useful signals that you need to tend to something important. You may be stuck, finding yourself repeating old, unwanted patterns, but unsure of how to move beyond them. It is important to address the sources of your pain.
If you are hoping to grow and to live a freer, fuller, and more fulfilling life, together, we can help you examine the difficulties you are experiencing within a safe environment. You may be seeking help to:
- Address destructive patterns
- Develop deeper relationships
- Grieve losses and disappointments so that you are free to move forward
- Develop tolerance and acceptance toward yourself and others
- Grow emotional flexibility, creativity, and generativity
- Experience the joys of life more fully and with more awareness
- Bear your pain and fear with compassion and strength
- Become more aligned between what you want, how you feel, and what you do
- Appreciate the benefits of and work through the losses that result from being different
- Work through the internal and societal oppressive forces that hold you down
- Develop an authentic identity
If any of these goals resonate for you, I am here to work with you.
On September 25, Dr. Baliotis will be speaking at the Institute for Educational Advancement in Pasadena. She will be helping parents of gifted children learn about emotional attunement and reflective parenting techniques to help their gifted children better understand and regulate their emotions.
On October 15, Dr. Baliotis will be speaking at Westside of Los Angeles Gifted. She will be helping gifted and creative children understand and regulate their intense feelings.
process group now forming:
Have you wanted to raise a child but, after careful consideration, decided to stop pursuing this desire? Weekly meetings will provide a place to connect, to process and grieve your loss, and to begin to create a meaningful life without the child that you had envisioned and hoped to have. PLEASE NOTE: this group is not suitable for those who are still actively working toward pregnancy, surrogacy, or adoption. Individual therapy to work through this process is also available. Call 310.963.2724.